After having the long weekend cut short by rain what better way to celebrate the holiday that a bit of peak and bagging and I had never been to Fromme so where better to start.
1. Parked at the junction of Dempsey / Bramear.
2. Dempsey Trail to St Mary's to St Georges to Per Gynt.
3. It was really raining alot by the time we got the mountain highway.
4. Found the quarry and took Bills trail from the North East corner (green piece of flagging tape)
5. Followed the trail quite successfully for the first half and then the flagging tape got less and the snow shoe tracks I had been following thinned out, climbed a pile of snow and thought that was the summit before picking trail up again.
6. Lost the trail and took route one up on to the plateau ran around in the cloud until arrving at a firmer patch of snow. Stetson found a banana skin in a treewell, decide this was the summit.
7. Very wet and getting cold so got the hell out of there. Couldn't find Bill's trail but traversed west and picked up the Mt Fromme trail and descend back to the mountain highway.
8. Descened via mountain bike trails (Bookwus and Expresso) to Dempsey and back to the car.
This was a good little adventure it took 3 hours all said and done, Dempsey/Bramear is a great place to start a trail run, St George's trail was not as terrible as I had remembered it and Bill trail is clearly very nice and good running. Still a decent snow pack above 1000m. The other trail is classic North Shore Gnar fest as was Expresso.
No pictures but if can imagine trees in rain and fog with dog and a very wet man then that's all you need to do.