Getting serious with my plans to run the Vancouver New Year's Day Fat Ass 50 and to not neglect my midweek runs, I couldn't find an excuse this morning for not heading out.
It was raining, really hard. The roads were flooded and the trails looked like giant mud puddles. Our furnace had broken down the day before and I was slowly turning into an icicle. Moving could only be good!
Trutching along neighborhood roads I contemplated what I like about running in the rain. Unless you are made out of sugar like Rain No Train Jackson, it's really not so bad once you are out there...isn't that what they tell you before you jump into an ice cold glacial lake?
Here are my 10 reasons to run in the rain:
1. The shower afterwards feels really good.
2. It's good for your skin (is it really?).
3. It makes you tough.
4. Nobody else is out there.
5. I like jumping into puddles.
6. People think you are crazy.
7. The air feels purified.
8. You don't cheat and start to walk.
9. You can test how long it takes before you get hypothermia.
10.You run faster to stay warm.
What are your reasons to run in the rain...or not to run in the rain?